Saturday, October 06, 2007

Recalling Santorini - Part III (Sea)

See always attracted me starting from my childhood. Indian Ocean and Bay-of-Bengal is very different from other seas. Sandy beaches, mild waves, wide sea shores delight me. But Mediterranean is something which is incomparable. The deep blue green colors, mild serene breeze and kaleidoscopic flora and fauna in the clean water mesmerize me every time.

kaleidoscopic flora and fauna in the clean water

Here I am sharing some of the views of sea I have captured in Santorini.
Santorini has a variety of beaches. One side of the island has cliff and typical beaches like red beach and white beach. Then couple of black beaches (some images in my past post). On the other side it has rocky sandy beaches.

Here I uploaded some pics for red beaches.

This is my last post on recalling Santorini, it was wonderful experience to visit that island and I will cherish my memories in future too.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am leaving Greece on 17th Oct ’07 for good and will stay in India for next few months.Thanks for all your support and I am glad that you enjoyed the posts and pictures. This blog was started as a private blog almost a year ago (when I was the only reader). But slowly I started sharing it and got positive responses from my blog friends and I would like to continue the journey of this blog.

I thought to put “India” in front of my blog name. Any good suggestion will help me to make it better. Thanks and Have a nice weekend.

The view from the ship while leaving Santorini
Posted by Picasa

15 comments:

indicaspecies said...

I always wonder how do you manage to capture such vibrant colours in your photographs. Splendid pictures Pijush. A feast to my eyes!

HojO said...

It's amazing! I visited this blog weeks ago,but the new pics r fabulous....speciallly like those red-beaches n the pics of 'flora and fauna'.....fantastic!

And,as 'indicaspecies' asked,is it the quality of film OR something else 4 these vibrant-colored pics??

P.S.- In the pics of ur hotel,the door-paint is bit kat-kate....ektu chokhe lage!

Anonymous said...

wow that video was wonderful!!
yes the colors of ur photos are magical :)
great to hear that u are going back to india.
coz india is the most interesting country for me.
hmmm wat will be the blog title??
im really looking forward to it.

Sigma said...

Lovely pictures. And you are tight - in Greece, the color of sea and aky is amazing [Well, this is from your photos, rather than my own experience :-D ]

GMG said...

Great pictures; I agree that the blue from the Greek part of the Mediterranean Sea is absolutely stunning!
Sorry for having been a bit absent lately, but I was abroad on a professional trip last week. One day I’ll probably show some pictures from a somehow unusual destination...
Trying to recover some time, I’m posting on Germany (Koblenz, December 2005) on Blogtrotter.
Have a great week and a safe trip back to India!
Gil

Pijush said...

@Celine,
Thanks for such a wonderful comment, I am blessed.

@Sagnik,
Thanks mate. I am glad you liked it, and nice observation of the Hotel door colour :-)

@Niki-chan,
That’s the reason I like you so much, you even checked the link also, Thank You.
“india is the most interesting country for me.” - I am delighted.

@Sigma,
Hmm, witty comment :-) Thanks Mate.

@Gil,
I am eagerly waiting for your pics of this fascinating place. The confusion regarding the colour will be clear to many of us. Thanks for you comment, you too have a nice week ahead.

Rowdy said...

Superb pictures Piyush. Looking for more

Anonymous said...

WoW...some beautifully captured shots as usual & lovely reading the description...EXCELLENT!

I will check your other blog some days later as I am a bit too busy now!

Pijush said...

@Rowdy,
Thanks very much and next post will come in weekend.

@Kalyan,
Thanks for the complement.
I can understand how busy you are. Just take your time and enjoy.

Ananda Niyogi said...

Great photos mate, especially the second one is brilliant! I see a general blue tint in many of these photos - maybe you should check the white balance settings?

Lakshmi said...

what colours ...amazing..every picture tells a story ..i just saw yur red sea pictures as well..cant decide what i really like

Lapa said...

“PASSANGER IN TRANSIT”

MEET THIS TOP WRITER OF THE PORTUGUESE LANGUAGE.

LITERARY GREETINGS,

NEW LITERARY BLOG
Please, add it to your favourites.

Pijush said...

@Ananda,
Thanks, I will check the settings after I go back to India and will take some tips regarding photography.

@Backpakker,
Thanks very much, I have seen your comment in the Red beach post. It is fascinating and the whole Greece is wonderful. Yes every picture has its story :-) I like the third one most.

@Lapa,
Welcome to my blog and thanks for the comment.

Amrita said...

Beautiful again. Pray that you move safely back to India. may God be with you

Pooja Aggarwal said...

Everytime I see your Santorini pictures, I am motivated to rejuvenate our cancelled plans. Did I ever tell you that we were planning a trip to Greece but it ended up being to Switzerland (not that I regret it) ?